We think you missed the joke!!! Nobody has commented on our last few posts and so we came up with this attention getter. Maybe we should have tried a Starbucks gift card:) LOL Obviously it's working out better for you! It's just our family's weird sense of humor. HA HA
P.S. But thanks for leaving a comment which was the goal.
Ok now That I can FINALLY leave a comment lol :):):) I just want to let you guys know that your blog is OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!! Love you guys !!! btw... do we get anything for leaving a comment ??? Jk !!! ~Cindy
Volleyball is a team sport that involves two teams hitting a ball over a net in a variety of dangerous ways.
Three hits are allowed on each side, making way for exciting strategies, setups and spikes! It also means that the team aspect of volleyball is paramount: you've got to work together to have any hope of being good.
Most players start out just trying to get the knack of "digging" and getting the ball back. Once these skills are mastered, the game offers so much more as setting, spiking and blocking come to the fore in a fast, exciting game.
Volleyball is popular throughout the world. Over 800 million people play one of the many varieties of the game, and with good reason: it's great fun to play and exciting to watch. hopefully that changes your mind. :):):)
Do you consider dodge ball a sport Matthew? Cause that is what you will be playing next time you play volleyball with the "Lowell group" Some of those people are so awesome at spiking, all you will be able to do is duck and run. :o) You may want to agree with them on the obviousness that volleyball is indeed a sport before then. Just a friendly warning. :o)
P.S. Dictionary definition of the word "Sport"
1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature. (Believe me, when you eat some sand after a long dive for a ball at Thackers someday...you will agree that it takes "skill and prowess")
My mind has not been changed one bit. "skill and prowess" HA HA HA. Can you move your arms up and down in front of you? Can you move your arms above your head? Can you yell, "Hey, that's yours". Yes? Great! You can play volleyball. Now, before you all kill me, I'll admit that volleyball is a lot of fun and many people derive joy from participating in it. It has its rightful place in the world of recreation, and it does have many positive aspects. In fact, believe it or not, I actually enjoy the GAME. However, I don't believe it really qualifies as a "sport". Now, if you want to talk about "skill and prowess", lets talk about Motocross.
What did I tell you guys ??? I knew Matt wasn't going to change his mind :):):) I just want him to say that its just a game when he comes to volleyball & cant return the spikes or set to the right person or even bump it lol... No matter what we say guys, he's not going to change his mind... (Matt) Just so you know,I had never heard of motocross until about a month ago :D and no,please dont give me the history of it either or write down how to play it.:) ~Cindy
42 comments with this one :)Mostly because of Matt (you should thank him lol... jk). When are you guys going to add anything ??? Or do you like all the comments you're getting??? lol ~Cindy
heres my comment for you guys hope your happy :) this is one way to get alot of comments lol but i personally like the STARBUCKS gift card you guys should try it some time jk lol :P |)@<!|) g@R<!a
1) Since my last comment, no one has replied to refute what I said so I hereby declare that volleyball is not a sport, just a game. 2) I agree with Stephi and Emmy. It would've saved everyone time if Alexis and Cindy had just agreed with me right away. 3) You Thackers have yet to thank me for helping you get so many comments on this post. 4) I'll wait a few more days before I get offended so you still have time to thank me.
OK I think it's about time for a new post:) Matt, I'm sorry you just don't understand! Maybe after you PLAY, and master the SPORT you'll underdstand:) Mabye you can come to the next volleyball at our church:) (Nikki said that maybe we can practice that night:) But anyway thanks for ALL the comments Matt:)
I think this post should be changed to "Does it really require death to get a new post on the blog?" :o) I know you guys have a camera, so no excuses! Hope to see you next Friday at Vball.
wait how said that ^ im pointing to the one above me cause that ^ person didn't put the comment so stop lying who ever you are it was me and im not lying
I think this volleyball issue needs to be concluded. :) This Friday Matthew will you please join us at 6:30 to play a round of the injurious sport called volleyball. Please do not use the defense that you are to busy to attend. :) If you show up, I will treat you and your siblings to ice cream afterwards. Bring your books on Friday...School is in session. :) JK
Wow, this looks like a chat room :):):) I think I know who the two "anonymous" people are :D:D:D (Thackers)Are you trying to get to 100 comments ??? Because I think you're getting there:P So Matt, are you guys coming to volleyball ??? ~Cindy
Eli, you didn't have to point out how many games we lost. You could have just said that we defeated the whole night. :) It sounds better. But in the end we did have fun. Maybe next time you won't let Mrs. Garcia spike one on you. :) Sorry...I couldn't resist.:)
Okay Okay Okay.... That was not a SPIKE! I mean come on i spiked it and it bounced off her hands back over the net and my fingers! Don't even get me started on that.
Hey! Why is everybody picking on ME! Whaaaahhh! JK Hahaha!!! Oh well I guess I'll just have to suffer. It's okay though because Even Michael Jordan wasn't appreciated as a great athleat when he was in highschool....Nobody ever thought he would make it too the NBA...But he did so BAH! to all those that make fun of a poor unrecinized hero that doesn't know how to spell.
Do you people realize that this has just become a chat room. Seriously look at all the different things that have been talked about! If it keeps up you guys will end up with a hundred comments you may even beat us.
wow....so why was she "playing dead"?
ReplyDeleteWe think you missed the joke!!! Nobody has commented on our last few posts and so we came up with this attention getter. Maybe we should have tried a Starbucks gift card:) LOL Obviously it's working out better for you! It's just our family's weird sense of humor. HA HA
ReplyDeleteP.S. But thanks for leaving a comment which was the goal.
RAAAANNNNNNDDOOOOOMMMM!!!! lol JK
ReplyDeletewell anyhow you got me to comment so dont complain
Eli
Thank you Eli. You just made my day:) Thanks! LOL
ReplyDeleteHere
ReplyDeleteare
ReplyDeletesome
ReplyDeletecomments
ReplyDeletefor
ReplyDeleteyou!
ReplyDeleteWOW GUYS THIS IS PHENOMENAL!!!! Ten comments on just one post! LOL Thanks guys;) JK
ReplyDeleteComment.
ReplyDeleteHere's my comment! ;) See you Friday!
ReplyDelete-Emmy
e
ReplyDeleteL
ReplyDeletei
ReplyDeletewas here.....
ReplyDeleteSee ya'll Friday!!!
ReplyDeleteI just got the title. For those who haven't yet: will it take a death in the family for someone to leave a comment on the Thacker Family blog?
ReplyDeleteMatt was the title not coming up or did you just "not get it'? :)
ReplyDeleteWhoa Matt...love that profile picture! Awesome purple suit! :o) Wonder who did that?
ReplyDeletehaha thats funny :)
ReplyDeletedavid is leaving a comment:-p :-p lol
ReplyDeleteOk now That I can FINALLY leave a comment lol :):):) I just want to let you guys know that your blog is OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!! Love you guys !!! btw... do we get anything for leaving a comment ??? Jk !!!
ReplyDelete~Cindy
Yes I'll bring you a starbucks card tomorrow! Thanks:) lol
ReplyDeleteYou all are hilarious! I know the feeling though when you go though all this work to put up a post and no one comments. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteFunny and very creative! McLemore's
ReplyDeleteVolleyball is a game, NOT a sport.
ReplyDeleteWhat ??????? Volleyball is SO a sport !!!!! Cindy
ReplyDeleteNope. Sorry. It's a game.
ReplyDeleteMatthew,
ReplyDeleteYou need to stop saying such UNTRUE things!!! VOLLEYBALL IS DEFINITELY A SPORT!!!!!!!!! LOL
~Lex
i cannot believe you !!!!
ReplyDeleteSport - Volleyball
Volleyball is a team sport that involves two teams hitting a ball over a net in a variety of dangerous ways.
Three hits are allowed on each side, making way for exciting strategies, setups and spikes! It also means that the team aspect of volleyball is paramount: you've got to work together to have any hope of being good.
Most players start out just trying to get the knack of "digging" and getting the ball back. Once these skills are mastered, the game offers so much more as setting, spiking and blocking come to the fore in a fast, exciting game.
Volleyball is popular throughout the world. Over 800 million people play one of the many varieties of the game, and with good reason: it's great fun to play and exciting to watch. hopefully that changes your mind. :):):)
Wow I'm not sure who that was ( hence "Anonymous") but who ever that was... What a phenomenal speech! Couldn't have said it any better:)
ReplyDelete~Lex
Ps. Now with that being said (Matt:) IS VOLLEYBALL A SPORT????
Amanda, you look lovely! Who did your hair? Let me know so they can do mine at my funeral.
ReplyDeleteWow that was some speech !!! but I'm not sure it will change Matt's mind :D ~Cindy
ReplyDeleteDo you consider dodge ball a sport Matthew? Cause that is what you will be playing next time you play volleyball with the "Lowell group" Some of those people are so awesome at spiking, all you will be able to do is duck and run. :o) You may want to agree with them on the obviousness that volleyball is indeed a sport before then. Just a friendly warning. :o)
ReplyDeleteP.S. Dictionary definition of the word "Sport"
1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature. (Believe me, when you eat some sand after a long dive for a ball at Thackers someday...you will agree that it takes "skill and prowess")
well you dont know me. I just follow peoples blogs & I love volleyball :) So I had to defend it. Christy L.
ReplyDeleteMy mind has not been changed one bit. "skill and prowess" HA HA HA. Can you move your arms up and down in front of you? Can you move your arms above your head? Can you yell, "Hey, that's yours". Yes? Great! You can play volleyball. Now, before you all kill me, I'll admit that volleyball is a lot of fun and many people derive joy from participating in it. It has its rightful place in the world of recreation, and it does have many positive aspects. In fact, believe it or not, I actually enjoy the GAME. However, I don't believe it really qualifies as a "sport". Now, if you want to talk about "skill and prowess", lets talk about Motocross.
ReplyDelete@Christy L. - I admire you for defending volleyball, but, I think your loyalty is misplaced.
ReplyDeleteWhat did I tell you guys ??? I knew Matt wasn't going to change his mind :):):) I just want him to say that its just a game when he comes to volleyball & cant return the spikes or set to the right person or even bump it lol... No matter what we say guys, he's not going to change his mind... (Matt) Just so you know,I had never heard of motocross until about a month ago :D and no,please dont give me the history of it either or write down how to play it.:) ~Cindy
ReplyDeleteHey, you're getting quite a bit of comments after all.
ReplyDeleteOh, and by the way I love volley-ball....But I'd have to admit Motocross is more fun!!! :-)
Sincerely Dat Man
42 comments with this one :)Mostly because of Matt (you should thank him lol... jk). When are you guys going to add anything ??? Or do you like all the comments you're getting??? lol ~Cindy
ReplyDeleteis this convo even going anywhere?
ReplyDeletey do you ask stephanie ?????????
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean Steph! They all just keep saying the same thing. We're going in circles! ;)
ReplyDelete-Emmy
Even if we are going in circles at least we are getting a lot of comments!
ReplyDeleteWheeeee!!!
Okay, Here's my comment:) By the way this is the first time I have commented from my iPad, so I hope you feel special:)
ReplyDeleteheres my comment for you guys hope your happy :) this is one way to get alot of comments lol but i personally like the STARBUCKS gift card you guys should try it some time jk lol :P |)@<!|) g@R<!a
ReplyDelete1) Since my last comment, no one has replied to refute what I said so I hereby declare that volleyball is not a sport, just a game.
ReplyDelete2) I agree with Stephi and Emmy. It would've saved everyone time if Alexis and Cindy had just agreed with me right away.
3) You Thackers have yet to thank me for helping you get so many comments on this post.
4) I'll wait a few more days before I get offended so you still have time to thank me.
Also, this is the 50th comment on this post.
ReplyDeleteOne night of volleyball at the Lowell church...that is the only "argument" needed. I will give you a ride up if you need it. :o)
ReplyDeleteor are you just a man of words...not action?
ReplyDeleteOK I think it's about time for a new post:)
ReplyDeleteMatt, I'm sorry you just don't understand! Maybe after you PLAY, and master the SPORT you'll underdstand:) Mabye you can come to the next volleyball at our church:) (Nikki said that maybe we can practice that night:) But anyway thanks for ALL the comments Matt:)
~Lex
OOPS. I just noticed that I spelled MAYBE wrong:)
ReplyDelete~Lex
@Jack - I am a man of action as you will someday see.
ReplyDelete@Lexi - You're welcome.
My suggestion? New post!!
ReplyDeleteI think this post should be changed to "Does it really require death to get a new post on the blog?" :o) I know you guys have a camera, so no excuses! Hope to see you next Friday at Vball.
ReplyDeletewe are all waiting for that day matt if it ever comes
ReplyDeleteWho said that?
ReplyDeleteWow!! you guys have had this post for over a month:o I think you need a new one:):)
ReplyDeleteWell Matthew if I wanted you to know "WHO" I was I would have left my name!!!! :)
ReplyDeletewait how said that ^ im pointing to the one above me cause that ^ person didn't put the comment so stop lying who ever you are it was me and im not lying
ReplyDeleteFirst of all it's "Who" not "How" just incase you were wondering! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd second of all can't you take a joke? :)
I think this volleyball issue needs to be concluded. :) This Friday Matthew will you please join us at 6:30 to play a round of the injurious sport called volleyball. Please do not use the defense that you are to busy to attend. :) If you show up, I will treat you and your siblings to ice cream afterwards. Bring your books on Friday...School is in session. :) JK
ReplyDeleteWow, this looks like a chat room :):):) I think I know who the two "anonymous" people are :D:D:D (Thackers)Are you trying to get to 100 comments ??? Because I think you're getting there:P So Matt, are you guys coming to volleyball ??? ~Cindy
ReplyDeleteyes we are all waiting to see the man at "action"
ReplyDeleteif he is who he said he is
ReplyDeletehaha well he didnt show up... What excuse did you come up with this time (Matthew)???
ReplyDeleteShame!!!
ReplyDeletehahaha
Our team was so awesome (even though we lost all four games)
ReplyDeletehopefully we can have the same team next time!
Eli, you didn't have to point out how many games we lost. You could have just said that we defeated the whole night. :) It sounds better. But in the end we did have fun. Maybe next time you won't let Mrs. Garcia spike one on you. :) Sorry...I couldn't resist.:)
ReplyDeleteLiss
Okay Okay Okay....
ReplyDeleteThat was not a SPIKE!
I mean come on i spiked it and it bounced off her hands back over the net and my fingers!
Don't even get me started on that.
See you guys next volleyball!
Eli
Methinks he doth protest too much! :o)
ReplyDeleteHey!
ReplyDeleteWhy is everybody picking on ME!
Whaaaahhh!
JK
Hahaha!!!
Oh well I guess I'll just have to suffer.
It's okay though because Even Michael Jordan wasn't appreciated as a great athleat when he was in highschool....Nobody ever thought he would make it too the NBA...But he did so BAH! to all those that make fun of a poor unrecinized hero that doesn't know how to spell.
Eli equals Great Athleat HaYahhh!!!
Eli
wow lotsa comments !!! Our team was amazing !!!! Even though we were "defeated" :D:D:D we should have the same team next time !!!
ReplyDelete~Cindy
life is good some times Random |)@<!|)
ReplyDeleteYep...That was Random. :)
ReplyDeleteyou think
ReplyDeleteDo you people realize that this has just become a chat room.
ReplyDeleteSeriously look at all the different things that have been talked about!
If it keeps up you guys will end up with a hundred comments you may even beat us.
Eli D. McDonnell
:) :-)
ReplyDeleteMatthew I really like your purple shirt and pant that you have in your pics,its so cute
ReplyDeleteJ.
who is J ??????????
ReplyDeleteyeah who is J ! who are you j !
ReplyDeletewow i like this chat room :O) o and matt i like your purple outfit two jk
ReplyDeleteWho misspelled too ??? lol That was funny :D:D:D
ReplyDelete~Cindy
whats with the new look ???
ReplyDeleteWho a..... Well a.... Who is everyone?
ReplyDeletey do u ask ????
ReplyDeleteVOLLEYBALL IS A SPORT !!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete